- Deutsche Bahn Navigator w/ ticket function finally available end of 2016.
- Threema and WhatsApp available, no XMMP/Jabber app with OTR.
- Reddit and Twitter apps ok, Facebook app awful, they say.
- Commerzbank no pictureTAN app, other banks do offer it, though.
- Native HERE/Microsoft maps plus navigation
- Although maps are "offline", some mobile data is consumed, for what?!
- Microsoft app still better on iOS/Android, though!?
- nextCloud app available
- Podcasts, e.g. Podcasts (beta), Groovy?, Gobble?, Onecast?
- RSS Readers, e.g. Newsflow, Nextgen Reader (Feedly), ttRSS
- InstaPaper (miniReader for Instapaper, share via Read Later); there's also a current Instagram client
- HackerNews, e.g. Hacky News
- Netflix, but no Amazon app (?)
- Total Commander (for file transfer, NAS)
- Further: Wallabag, Foo IRC, ...
The infamous app gap
- Hardly any SmartWatch apps; no SnapChat, Pokémon Go.
- No Jabber/OTR
Mobile 10 vs. Phone 8.1 -- some things used to be better
- Swipe keyboard awesome on 8.1, on 10 not really.
- Mail on 8.1 was good, clean text/plain messages. WM10 spits out lengthy HTML only and has issues with sender's name in IMAP accounts, and breaks OpenPGP app.
Easy on the eye
- Good value for hardware specs (due to unpopularity?).
- Great camera (some say Lumia 950XL better than iPhone 7 Plus).
- Native CalDAV and CardDAV support (to add by way of iCloud account).
- Black theme on AMOLED display! User defined accent colour.
- Tiles better than some Android launcher or iOS? Dunno.
Privacy -- Google vs. Microsoft (vs. Apple?)
- No Google account integration (majority of tracker on the Web are by Google, no? So, without Google account there's no name attached to all that web tracking, is there?).
- No uBlock Origin for Edge mobile yet, though.
- Free choice of web search engine.
General future unclear (Surface Phone?), but frequent Windows 10 updates also arrive on mobile.
People, Pointers, Palaver
- @jenmsft @panos_panay @joebelfiore @zacbowden @deltakosh